Monday, June 6, 2011

nature's beast | petrified wood



Ever since I saw Monique Lhuillier's home featured on the Jan/Feb 2008 cover of Elle Decor, I have been fascinated with petrified wood.  The melted smooth top of grays and whites, combined with the rough outer shell of that side table... LOVE IT!  I cannot wait to one day find a beautiful piece to fit the perfect place in my home.  If you go after this updated au-naturale look, you better decide where it will go because these stumps (stools) and slabs (table tops) of stone can weigh a TON.






My local go-to spot for checking out the beauty of this wood-turned-stone is Dallas' Big Mango Trading Co. on Riverfront Boulevard.  They have some amazing pieces!  Check out the items below that we found from some online sources...
















(one of our FAVORITE ways to bring this look home!)







1 comment:

  1. Jessica I LOVE your blog. Emily Wynn had told me to check out your work and oh my goodness you are so talented!! I can't wait to see your future posts and congrats on all of your successes! Laina

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails