Saturday, April 2, 2011

hit the books!

One of my favorite spots in Round Top is La Bahia.  It is the most darling little farmhouse that is packed FULL of antique silver, collectable dinnerware, vintage linen, and antique books.  It didn't take me long to spot (GASP!) some of my very favorite books that one day I hope can grace my library.... works by the Bronte sisters and Jane Austen.  Not much beats the uber-romantic stories of Wuthering Heights, Jane Eyre, and Pride and Prejudice (I love me some Mr. Darcy!!!), especially when they are enveloped in such beautiful antique bindings.

The white parchment bindings also caught my eye.  Intricate gold leaf art deco designs create a show-stopping feature that would be an amazing addition to any library.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails