Tuesday, November 26, 2013

FESTIVE | give thanks

It's that time of year. Time to gather around a table with people you love and delicious food. Sometimes it's hard to get excited to spend an entire day or a few days with family, but make the most of it. Make this the Thanksgiving that is special and enjoyable. 




GIVE THANKS
This past weekend my friends and I had a potluck Friendsgiving with amazing food, fun music, and lots of laughter. I wanted the table to be casual and fun but still pretty. I made simple flower arrangements that added a lot, but my favorite part was laying out butcher paper and having jars of jumbo crayons for my friends to write down why they were thankful. Everyone loved it. It was interactive, inexpensive, purposeful, funny, and thoughtful. 



HAVE FUN 
What are your family traditions? In the past few years, my family started playing games together at holidays. I am actually looking forward to Thanksgiving because of this. We get to laugh together and have fun. 



TRY SOMETHING NEW 
I tried an amazing new recipe this past weekend for the same Friendsgiving and it was a huge success. I might have even heard that it changed someone's life. I can't take all the credit, though. I found it on Pinterest. 
PUMPKIN CRISP. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine 15 ounce can of pumpkin,1 cup evaporated milk, 1 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg. Sprinkle a box cake mix and chopped pecans over top. Pour one cup of melted butter. Bake for 60 minutes and top with whip cream.



MAKE IT SPECIAL 
Pull out your nicest dishes, buy fresh flowers, and create a special
place for your loved ones to gather.
It's amazing what the little extra touches can add.  

Happy Thanksgiving! 
Sarah T. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails